Tuesday, November 2, 2010

THISTLE HOTEL JB


 
Hi!
For some who do not know, I used to work in a bank before I quit and followed Ezmir to Jakarta. While some people question me about my future job planning, I am very happy to be a housewife. I might don't get annual bonuses or other perks but I am more than happy to follow my husband everywhere he goes. That's include local and overseas trip!

p/s: Please do not terminate my perfect job as a housewife dear! Hehehe

Well, in order to return the favor of not doing anything in the hotel(while accompanying Ezmir), I like to share my experience in our recent stay in the Thistle Hotel Johor Bahru. Here goes the hotel review (thought it might be useful!)

Thistle Hotel Johor Bahru

Thistle Hotel JB is located in the heart of Johor’s city center. The hotel is overlooking the Tebrau straits and quite a distance from Sultanah Aminah Hospital. Having said that, you can imagine how many ambulance sirens you have to hear every hour. However this rather new refurbish hotel has a wide range of good services. Through my 3 days 2 nights stay in this hotel, I had the most excellent experience with the services provided. I love the idea of having only one button to dial up better known as ‘the Knock- knock button’ to attend to any of your request during the stay. And not to forget, the hotel staffs were friendly and nice. Their range of food was excellent and scrumptious!

Unfortunately, I had several issues with the hotel signage.

Firstly there were no single signage that is viewable to drivers directing to the hotel main entrance from the main street.

Secondly a very poor signage directing to the recreational facilities area was located in a toilet hallway instead of the large area in the lobby.

However, the hotel ambiance is very modern and elegant. Every room is equipped with flat screen TVs and a huge window or a transparent glass wall overlooking the sea.
I believe the hotel is new yet I was very sad with the condition of my room. During my stay, it was raining and my room was leaking! The water drops annoyed me for the entire day. Additionally the toilet floor was not made properly. The water from the bathroom did not directly flow into the specific hole but instead flooded around the toilet entrance.
Other than that, I am more than willing to stay again at the thistle Hotel Johor. I hope they will do something about it and by looking at the hotel, I don’t think they want to refurbish the hotel for at least in 5 years to come. Good Luck then!



Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by. Long time no updates from you. Must be enjoying life in Msia..hehe. I was in the IT field before becoming a housewife. No way I'm gonna go back to work..LOL.

    ReplyDelete